Skip to main content

sporadic life update

This blog is something that I wish I would start to update more, when it comes to doing anything that requires my brain to operate at capacity I usually try to use that energy to get some schoolwork done. Summer is over, fall is in full swing, and pretty soon it will be pretty damn cold outside. I have always liked the changing of summer to fall, even though I am in love with summertime and hate when it is over.

Things have been up in the air in a lot of places, but I have been trying hard to keep a positive outlook lately. I now know that I cannot bear the weight of the world on my shoulders alone, and that I have to focus on things that make me happy and not let how shitty things can be make me feel horrible anymore. I have cut back even more on drinking, which really makes me feel really good. I can actually function completely normally at this point when I'm stoned, which is the only thing really that calms me enough to think clearly when I am upset. This also helps me relax when I have spent all night in the gym, I've been working out a lot more, and adding Muay Thai to my schedule makes me even more tired but in a good way.

I know that I am going to be in school for a lot longer than expected, which does not worry me at all but I am finding I am quickly digging a deep financial hole. This is really my only worry or concern at this point. I am making good grades so I'm hoping that at some point I will be able to find some money to help pay for my expenses. I'm trying to also teach myself not to worry so much. It just pulls me away from focusing on what I need to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Like Deja Vu

Here we go again. I graduated from college once, got a job did okay for a while, economy collapses lose my job and I end up going back to college to get another degree. I graduate from college, get a job, do fairly okay for a while, global pandemic, civil unrest, inept president, economy collapses. Basically lose job. What in the fuck is actually happening? For starters, I feel like I have made some really dumb mistakes in life. I know I did not do things the way that most expect after high school. I hated the thought of being just like everyone else. I had really high hopes for myself. I guess everyone starts out life this way, thinking that they are always just on the cusp of greatness and that they just need their big break. I had no intentions of ever going to college, ever getting a degree or being what I just thought was a sucker. Just like when I saw 'A Bronx Tale', I felt that working people were idiots. Breaking your back for some boss that doesn't give a shit abou...

where we are headed now

So I manage to get to this blog on really sporadic rate right now. Mostly because I used to write this blog because it was one of the ways that I fought off the boredom of having a job I couldn't stand and wasn't really taking me anywhere in life. I've come a long way from there and sometimes I want to stop and think about what I went through and how now I am a much stronger person than I was before. I constantly try to make each day count now, I see even more horrific things on the news everyday and it makes me feel that I'm really lucky that I am pretty well insulated from it. I wonder what it would be like if I wasn't and I was stuck in some place where barbaric things are commonplace. More and more each day I feel like every second I have is a gift and that I should not squander it away doing mundane bullshit that doesn't push me any closer to my goals. I've learned to be much more productive, even though I still have a ways to go when it comes to cont...

I made it

So I finished college, again. I went through almost everything that I thought I would and then some. It's been a few months and I really felt like I needed a break from everything for a while and now things are starting to settle down enough to the point that I can get back to spending a little time here and there updating this blog. I started this a long time ago just because I felt like putting my words down somewhere I could go back and look at it and feel like I can see the progress I've made. At the time when I started writing on this blog I was working at a job I hated and really felt like I was selling myself really short and I needed to get my engineering degree in order to see my full potential. That was almost ten years ago. Like everyone else, I ask myself, where did the time go? I wanted to go to school to become an aerospace engineer in order to make some part of me and the family that is still alive see me as someone that could compare to my grandfather. I k...