So I went and voted this morning and to honest I was a little worried that I might end up waiting in long lines so I made sure to bring a book. Thankfully when I got to the polling place in my precinct there was no line and no wait. I literally walked in, filled in a couple of ovals with my bic pen and walked out. Pretty easy. Now we just have to wait around and see how many other people filled in the same ovals as me with their bic pens and we'll know who our next president will be. So we're just one step closer to hopefully working on rebuilding our country and giving back to the people that really need help right now. The only thing I could really think about when I left the polls is how over the last eight years we've seen so many absurd things happen and the absurd way that they were dealt with. I feel that good things are on the way and I purely intend on remaining optimistic about what we have to look forward to.
Here we go again. I graduated from college once, got a job did okay for a while, economy collapses lose my job and I end up going back to college to get another degree. I graduate from college, get a job, do fairly okay for a while, global pandemic, civil unrest, inept president, economy collapses. Basically lose job. What in the fuck is actually happening? For starters, I feel like I have made some really dumb mistakes in life. I know I did not do things the way that most expect after high school. I hated the thought of being just like everyone else. I had really high hopes for myself. I guess everyone starts out life this way, thinking that they are always just on the cusp of greatness and that they just need their big break. I had no intentions of ever going to college, ever getting a degree or being what I just thought was a sucker. Just like when I saw 'A Bronx Tale', I felt that working people were idiots. Breaking your back for some boss that doesn't give a shit abou...
Comments